Featuring High Current Audio Amplification, Entry-Level AVRs Streamline Access to Exhilarating EntertainmentPress Release dated: 22 Feb 2017
Onkyo Launches Affordable 5.1-Channel TX-NR474 and 7.2-Channel TX-NR575E Network A/V Receivers with 135 W/Ch of High-Current Amplification
- Support Dolby Vision™, HDR10, BT.2020, and 4K/60p Pass-through via HDCP 2.2-compliant HDMI® Terminals
- Ready for Dolby Atmos®*1 and DTS:X™ Object-based Soundtracks
- Wireless Multi-room Audio Distribution Over FireConnect™*2 Powered by Blackfire
- Chromecast built-in*3 and DTS Play-Fi®*3 Music Streaming Platforms
- App-Integrated Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn Services*4
- Feature 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, and Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Onkyo continues to set the standard for value and performance at the entry level with new TX-NR474 and TX-NR575E network A/V receivers unveiled today.
With HICC (High Instantaneous Current Capability) improving speaker control for accurate sound, even with difficult-to-drive four-ohm speakers, the TX-NR474 and TX-NR575E add immersive sound to 4K/60p movies featuring Dolby Vision or HDR10, with next-generation video passed through to compatible TVs via HDMI.
The 5.1-channel TX-NR474 is certified to play Dolby Atmos soundtracks in 3.1.2-channel speaker layouts (L/R/C and top speakers or L/R/C and Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers).
Surround Enhancer*1, developed by Dolby Laboratories, creates a virtual surround field emulating 5.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos as delivered by comparable 7.1-channel receivers.
This allows users to enjoy a 5.1.2-channel experience without rear-speaker connection. Both receivers feature Dolby Surround, a technology upmixing legacy multichannel soundtracks for playback in a Dolby Atmos-enabled environment.
When the receivers are driving Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers, AccuReflex aligns the phase of high- and low-directional sound for image clarity at the listening position. This is included within AccuEQ, a setup calibration system that calculates the size, output level, crossover frequency, and distance of all speakers for cohesive surround-sound.
The TX-NR474 and TX-NR575E support DTS:X playback adaptive to any speaker layout. Independent dialog volume control and DTS Neural:X™ 3D upmixing for standard soundtracks where elevation channels are present are included within DTS:X.
Part of Onkyo’s Next Generation Network Audio rollout, both receivers are ready for FireConnect™ wireless multi-room audio. The protocol operates over 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® and distributes network and analog audio sources*5 to supported network speakers, such as the Onkyo NCP-302, anywhere in the home.
Music selection and multi-room management is integral to Onkyo Controller for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android™ tablets and smartphones*6.
The receivers come with Chromecast built-in and DTS Play-Fi®, allowing listeners to share almost any music from mobiles via their favorite supported applications, and both AVRs ship with AirPlay and Bluetooth wireless technology for stress-free streaming.
Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn offer a wide choice of content that’s easy to explore and select with Onkyo Controller.
Playback of Hi-Res Audio is fully supported, with the TX-NR575E benefiting from VLSC™ filtering to enhance 384 kHz/32-bit D/A conversion featured on both models. The receivers can play DSD 5.6 MHz*7, Dolby® TrueHD*8, and PCM in WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and ALAC to 192 kHz/24-bit resolution via network and rear USB input.
Both AVRs are well connected with four HDMI inputs, two composite video inputs, three analog audio inputs, and three digital audio inputs, while the TX-NR575E adds an MM phono input. Powered Zone 2 speaker outputs on the TX-NR575E give the option to distribute any amplified audio to speakers in another room, while Zone 2 line output can add home theater audio to an existing hi-fi system via a single cable.
Equipped with future-focused A/V technologies and streamlining wireless connectivity to smartphones, PCs, and tablets, the TX-NR474 and TX-NR575E burnish Onkyo’s hi-fi legacy. Either serves as a gateway to an exciting world of multidimensional entertainment.
*1 Enabled on TX-NR474 with a future firmware update.
*2 FireConnect™ is enabled with a firmware update. Sampling rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz are supported. FireConnect™ is a technology based on Blackfire provided by Blackfire Research Corp., USA.
*3 Enabled with a future firmware update.
*4 Please confirm service availability in your region before purchase. Subscription fees may apply.
*5 Sharing audio via external analog inputs depends on the model and is enabled with a future firmware update.
*6 Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android devices. Please check App Store or Google Play™ for OS and device requirements.
*7 Playback not supported via wireless LAN.
*8 Dolby TrueHD playback is supported via USB input only.
- The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
- For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS Licensing Limited. DTS, the Symbol, DTS and the Symbol together, DTS:X, the DTS:X logo, Play-Fi, and the Play-Fi logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of DTS, Inc. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Dolby, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, and Dolby Vision are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
- AirPlay, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Android, Google Play and Chromecast are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Spotify and the Spotify logo are trademarks of the Spotify Group, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- FireConnect™ is a technology based on Blackfire provided by Blackfire Research Corp., USA.
- Onkyo Controller and VLSC are trademarks of Onkyo Corporation.
Onkyo is pleased to offer hi-fi enthusiasts a convenient and beautifully engineered 2-channel amplification solution in the… morePress Release dated: 22 Feb 2017
Multi-room audio enriched with limitless and accessible music is now a reality as Onkyo unveils its NCP-302 Wireless Audio… morePress Release dated: 22 Feb 2017
Onkyo Launches Affordable 5.1-Channel TX-NR474 and 7.2-Channel TX-NR575E Network A/V Receivers with 135 W/Ch of High-Current… morePress Release dated: 22 Feb 2017
Onkyo has announced a firmware update that activates FireConnect™ wireless multi-room audio distribution from selected… morePress Release dated: 21 Feb 2017